Friday, October 24, 2008

Bonnie Made Me Do This

Here's my copy of the list from Bonnie's blog:

Tell me your favorite book, and I'll respond with:

1. Something random about you
2. Challenge you to do something
3. Pick a color that reminds me of you
4. Tell you something I like about you
5. Tell you my first/clearest memory of you
6. Pick an animal that you remind me of
7. Ask you a question I've always wanted to ask

I'm not good at haikus, but I'll get to work on Bonnie's challenge to do a series of haikus about bananas, a lamp, and a Christmas tree. That should be interesting!

7 comments:

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

AGH!

Out of all Favorite Things WHY BOOKS!?!??!

THERE ARE SO MANY!!!!!

*Dying*

I guess I will just have to pick a random one...

The Silmarillion...

Just because it has a whole bunch of things in it that make the rest of The LOTR make sense.

~Render Moonarrow~

groovymomma said...

Here's my response:

1. Random thing about you - you enjoy writing.

2. Challenge - please memorize a new Bible verse within the next week.

3. Your color is fire engine red

4. I like your encouraging attitude toward others.

5. Memory - when your family entered the movie theater, right away I noticed your cammo hat! Then you intimidated Kendall with your magic tricks!

6. You are high energy like a lemur (you got to move it, move it)

7. Question for you: What is your favorite song that you sing at your church?

Thanks for participating!

auntwithbooks said...

Heh, favorite book.

Favorite general fiction:
Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice

Favorite mystery:
Dorothy L. Sayers - Gaudy Night

groovymomma said...

Okay, Aunt-with-Books, here's my response:

1. Random thing about you -- you like to keep the top of the ice cream container flat and smooth after scooping some out.

2. My challenge to you - get a cell phone!

3. Your color is a cool, steady blue.

4. I like your eclectic tastes in hobbies, art, music, books, and everything!

5. My first memory of you -- hmm, that was some years ago. I guess we first met when I came to Houston that summer after my freshman yr in college. My first thought of you was "She's so tall!"

6. An animal that reminds me of you is an owl, because they appear bookish and wise.

7. Question I would like to ask you: why don't you get a cell phone?

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

My favorite song? I think it is Psalm 98

O sing a new song to the lord,

great things that he has done, great thing that has he done,

his right hand and his holy arm,

the victory hath won,the victory hath won,the victory hath won.

Of course, our church doesn't sing this kind of song, but in churches past, out of all, this is my favorite.

groovymomma said...

Cool, Render.

Our church has a red psalter with all of the psalms in it. Sometimes we sing them, but I don't remember if we've done Ps. 98

We also sing hymns from a hymnal and occasionally more recent songs.

Unknown said...

I know that you posted this ages ago, but I just found your blog and thought this looked fun.

my favorite book (excluding the Bible of course) is ... well I can't think of one, but I like learning about history, especially books on missionaries.