Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Response to Travel Tag

Hello! Today I would like to respond to Render's tag about this summer and about the desire for future travel.

Our family really enjoyed our trip to Minnesota and Chicago. Typically our family vacations are go, go, GO vacations where we see a bunch of national parks, tons of museums, etc. and wear ourselves out with fun. This year was different. This year we spent five days at a lake in Minnesota doing nothing. We just enjoyed nature, the cool weather, the incredible food at the lodge, doing a cool Smaug puzzle, and hanging out. My younger daughter, now known on the blogosphere as Kendall, enjoyed playing shuffleboard with Dad and reading in the hammock. We saw Aunt with Books in Chicago and had a great visit with her. We usually only get to see her at Christmas.

Where would I like to go in the future?

Mr. B and I are actually on a quest to visit all 50 states! We both have only one state left -- can you guess what it is? (drumroll please -- West Virginia!) Yes, we have been to Hawaii and Alaska but NOT West Virginia! Next summer we plan to take a trip to Washington, DC and we can include West Virginia with that.

Other places on my wish list include: St. Petersburg, Russia (they have an awesome art museum there called The Hermitage); Ireland; Scotland (Mr. B has been there but the rest of us have not -- he says they have lots of red headed people there!); and Scandinavia, especially Norway (I would love to see some fijords). I know that Kendall wants to visit Russia since she is Russian by birth and she does not remember living there.

Thanks for reading, and happy travels!

3 comments:

Render MoonArrow said...

WOW! your list of places to go are larger than mine!

a lot of these places I have never heard of before!

Now what yall did in Minnesota is what I call a leisure vacation!

Doing nothing is good for a while but it only makes ya want to do something and that is why it is so important!

I like doing nothing!

But not for too long!

Nice post! Say 'ello to Kendall for me!

Hannah Banana said...

*refuses to call sis Kendall*

I want to go to all those places too! And much, much, more! :D

Good post, mom.

Marina said...

Did she chose the name Kendall?

That's cool. I like to travel.